omega GE tv Tue, Apr 22, 10:57 PM (4 days ago) to pakay
LISTEN LIVE

Wednesday, 14 October 2015

KATAWERE TALKS MORE ABOUT HIMSELF



          

When we talk about legends in the movie and music industry, Katawere is one of the persons in the movie industry who cannot be left out.

On Skery Spark talk on 11th October 2015, Katawere from the Obra and Efiewura series fame was celebrated. Given the name Ebenezer Yaw Donkor he adopted ‘ katawere’ as his showbiz name which is a name of a god whom no one goes scot free when he offends. Which one of the gods is at Akyim Swedru and the other at Asante Bekwai. He told his fans that Fufu is his favorite meal at all times as well.

The sensational movie actor says he started Akan drama in 1974 and was in the Amanson concert party group with SK Opong, Maame Dokono etc. “ my friend named Gyimii came to visit me one day and he told me he was part of the Akan drama, I told him Kofi I’m not working so I also want to join the Akan drama and one day I went with him and I joined” Katawere revealed. From Akan drama he has joined the local movie industry due to his hardwork and join the Efiewura drama series as well with the help of the late Santo.     
“What really hurts me since I joined the drama series is that the one who helped me join Efiewura is no more. The late Santo is the one who helped me to become popular and it makes me sad that he is gone and what made me happy is how Ghananaians have accepted our brand” he added
Katawere added that most of the actors and actresses have pride because of the treatment some people give them when it comes to being paid. “the producers and the workers should do things which goes well for all of us” he said

“ the little I can say to those coming up it that we should all be united because now a days there are no good jobs, we should all be humble for God to bless us” he adviced.

Emmanuel Yaw Donkoh, known as Katwere is married with six children of which five are girls.

#SKERY_SPARK_TALK.

No comments:

Post a Comment