omega GE tv Tue, Apr 22, 10:57 PM (4 days ago) to pakay
LISTEN LIVE

Tuesday, 22 September 2015

ABOUT GYEDU BLAY AMBULLEY





Given the name Theophilus Gyedu Blay Ambulley, he put away the Theophilus because it is not an African name. He was born on Thursday, hence the name Ekow at Sekondi Takoradi in the western region and he had his education there too.
Ambulley the aspiring MUSIGA president went to an Anglican school from class one to standard 7 but he said he thanks God for not going to a Secondary school because they would have twisted his mind on what God gave him as the curriculum is not African.
“ if I wanted to go to sea I would have gone, if I wanted to be a pastor I would have been, but I combined going to sea, being a priest and music but I realized what God gave to me was music, so I thank God for letting me choose music. I only had a problem with my mother who came to take me from Accra back to Takoradi but my father told me if music is what I want to do then he gives me his blessings” Ambulley said
He joined the Uhuru live band in 1971 for two years and came out with his first album in 1973 produced by Mr. Bentsil Enchill and that made him popular. He has 28 albums and the 28th   album called the ‘African show’ was released on the 29th of June. There have been challenges where he will go somewhere to play the band and the promoter runs away, getting back home will be very difficult but he moved on.
“I like reading a lot apart from music because when I went to school our history was not taught, to know more about our ancestors and other things. I’m a professional musician and that is what I will do till death” Gyedu Blay
Ambulley added.
 
#SKERY_SPARK_TALK.

No comments:

Post a Comment